Sunday, October 16, 2022

The First Fantasy Campaign - Update

Two weeks ago, on October the 1st, Dave Arneson would have been 75 years old. Sadly, as anyone reading this blog probably already know, he is not with us anymore. His birthday reminded me that I never wrote any update on the digitized version that I made last year, so I thought I should give a little update here.

The version is now fully finished. I have gone through every word of every page thrice and cleaned all the little details on all the maps up and added OCR so the whole book is searchable. After approximately 100 hours of work the whole thing has been made into a neat little .pdf of 28 MB (not much when you think about it when this is 600 dpi scans) which ended up being just as perfect as I had hoped for.

I sent the file to someone who is in contact with the Arneson Estate, but sadly I have not heard back from him in some time. Now that I think about it I should probably try and check up with him on whether they have received it.

In the end I don't expect anything in return for my work and just hope that this original print of the work can be made available at DriveThruRPG or a similar website so it is not just collectors that have access to this source of inspiration and so much of the context for the early days of fantasy RPGs. So if you have the rights to the book, or know those who do, or can make digital distribution possible, please contact me at the mail listed on my profile.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment